The Entrepreneur Network
The Entrepreneur Network:
There is many things out there for us on the internet about starting a side business system and becoming a businessperson. Lets look into the best of the best solutions that will work and not leave you broke and wondering what went wrong.
The Entrepreneur Network, for a businessperson how do we start a side business system? This is a topic we will study further as we research this much talked about subject.
I personally can’t stand the over used term (“side hustle”) to me that sounds fake and comes across like a scam. I prefer to use the term like it should be and what it is really.
My business or company, we should be proud of what we have. We should also be willing to use our picture and logo along with our first and last name. I know when I first started out running this business I was a bit shy. I soon realized that when you are your own boss all that just falls away.
We should not use a pretty unicorn with rainbows as a logo or a Harley Davidson motorcycle. Stand behind what are doing and be proud of the image you project. Be real about what you are doing. It means so much more to your customer. It also brings credibility.
There are some questions you must ask yourself before breaking out the open sign and taking on customers. These should include the following:
- do you you have a business plan? If you are flying by the seat of your pants and don’t create one it does not mean your business will fail. However it does give a clear direction with which way to go when setting up your company.
- Have you decided which way to take your business? brick and mortar or internet. Will you carry product or do you offer drop shipping and e-commerce?
- have you decided on a name for the business? will it be a sole proprietorship or will you have a staff of employees?
- What logo have you decided to go with? will you use business cards?
- Will your business be from your residence or will you go and open an office away from home? what about office furniture and supplies? Remember if you are able to work from home. You can claim electric, phone, and some square foot at tax time. ALWAYS SAVE YOUR RECEIPTS !
- Will your business be brand new to you or is the business part of your passion? If it is part of your passion it should be a bit easier then fresh off the boat? If it is a brand span-ken new business, there will be a learning curve. Usually a one year process till it becomes second nature.
you can find much more detailed things about starting a small business at thebalancesmb.com or the picture down below this section
What Kind Of Budget Is There:
If you are just starting out did you take out a business loan from a bank or lending institution? How much did you need? will it cover All expenses Or did you have some unforeseen things come up? Example: vendor had to retool the product and expects you to absorb the cost.
Here is another example: location that you set up to do business at has tables and chairs for dinning. your order was placed for round tables but was filled with square table and all of them will not fit right into the building.
What I am getting at here is YOU MUST THINK AHEAD. ESPECIALLY WHEN THIS IS YOUR BUSINESS. No one is going to do it for you. My suggestion with this is do you have an assistant you can rely on to take some of the burden off of.
when it comes to a business loan you have to follow a strict budget and not go over or not get enough to begin with and fall short before the doors are open. so figure EVERYTHING IN RIGHT THE FIRST TIME IF AT ALL POSSIBLE.
If you are looking for an investor and you are an entrepreneur click this link to the Texas investment network. Look through all the information and choose the plan you are looking for. Another great way to find a comparable loan is through Fundera. Click the link to find out more.
What Advertising Are You Using:
The reason I put this separate and not in the budget, is because so much is spent on advertising when the business is new. There are some great ways to advertise that will not break the bank.
I recommend using discounted or free services. You don’t have to hire a web designer or create a fancy jingle with some professional singer. It is your business, so you can if you want. My best advise is watch carefully the shinny objects. True you sometimes get what you pay for and sometimes it is OK to get around the fence another way if you can. Here are some great examples of saving money:
- If you create a door knocker or flyer for you grand opening or special coupon. Have a local neighbor kid do the cold calling. Agree on a payment. AFTER THEY ARE FINISHED AND THE AREA IS CHECKED FOR THE FLYERS ON THE DOOR NOT IN THE TRASH. NEVER HANG DOOR KNOCKERS ON DOORS THAT SAY NO SOLICITATION THAT CAN TURN INTO A BIG MESS.
- Get involved with Networking with other business owners at meet up groups many are free to join and do not cost anything. Just remember business cards to pass out. Make it clear as to what you are looking from the group and what you are willing to do for the group in return.
- Consider having a soft grand opening and hand the people coming into your store a feed back card with no more then 2 questions on it. Don’t bother the customer unless they really need help. REMEMBER CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE ULTIMATE KEY TO SUCCESS. YOU
- WANT TO WOW THEM ON WHY THEY EVEN CAME THERE TODAY TO VISIT YOU. CRUMMY CUSTOMER SERVICE WILL HINDER YOUR ADVANCEMENT. NEVER PUBLICLY REPRIMAND AN EMPLOYEE IN FRONT OF OTHERS. IT IS VERY BAD FOR BUSINESS.
- If your business is online what do you do to gain traffic to your website? Do you use a SEO? Do you market with social media? Do you use directories? How about web forums? Get involved with all areas of advertising. No one will know anything about you if you don’t strive on getting the word out.
- Look for other inventive ways to market your business. Set up an e-mail marketing campaign and give away a free e-book on the subject you are promoting.If you are promoting a service or product put a thumbnail picture of the item in te email block so people know what you are doing.
- Get involved with stay at home parents. They LOVE TO GET FREE STUFF. dose not have to cost a fortune.
Many of these things I am still implementing myself with my own personnel business. I also recommend highly if you have a website business, gather a few affiliate advertisers to link onto your website.
You can also use google adsense which is free. They will load you up with all different types of ads. you can go to your personal account and edit what you approve of. If you happen to see a advertisement for something on my web post. I stand behind the company a 100% and I know you will be surprised when you go see for yourself. Another great FREE source of advertising is with Yelp.com click the link to get started.
Use Your Time Wisely:
I mentioned this briefly earlier. How important it is to have a second in command to delegate responsibility to.There are 24 hours in a day and you can’t work all of them yourself.
When you form a relationship with a coworker hand off some of the tasks that day to him or her. They will respect you more when you do this as long as you don’t micro manage them.
If you have an online business, consider hiring a writer to help with your content. Be specific as to what you want, deadlines, length of article etc. You can find these people on www.fiverr.com many will charge a nominal fee.
Balance your family time if you are married and have children. even if you are not everyone needs time away from the business. If you are anything like what I am I sometimes can’t hardly break away to go to bed. It is exciting to see what you create and watch it come to life. For more tips on budgeting your time click this link now.
What Type Of Leader Are You:
There are several types of Bosses out there in the marketplace. We are going to discuss just a few. A good leader leads with respect and honor. A dictator barks , points, and screams directions.
A leader is not afraid of getting down in the trenches and working with there team to complete a task at hand. A dictator hides from there team. Then blames them when something is not finished on time or done at all.
A leader is held accountable by there team and upper management, All feedback is handled professionally and when situations arise they are immediately dealt with. A dictator does NOT take any blame for any situation and blames others for inadequate performance.
A leader regularly trains and encourages his team to always give there very best. A dictator offers no support to there team. They run there team members under the bus for not doing more. There are no incentives for the team only a paycheck.
It is simple for a leader to gain new team members. In fact the new members are lining up for an opportunity to work with the leader. A dictator looses team members regularly and can’t understand why there team is unhappy.
Remember what it is was like when you were a team member and how you were treated. Need I say more? For your free leadership guide click the link to office vibe.com and get yours now.
My Final Thoughts:
As we complete another post. I feel much was accomplished in this article. I also feel much of this article will give you some valuable information in moving forward in your business.
My past posts will be linked here at the bottom of the post. Thank you for taking the time to read through this post. Please leave any comments at the bottom of the post. make sure you like, share, and sign up for our email updates. Have a wonderful day!